Saturday, February 26, 2011

Grandparental visit

Grandparents? Peculiar...

Madeline did indeed wake up and properly meet the Greene grandparents today. She was as awake and animated as she's yet been. The grandparents approved:



Songs were sung, pictures were taken, and there was much oooing and aaaing. Madeline was rarely without at least one pair of arms to hold her. Toward the end of the day, she got tired:

... but not so tired that we couldn't pose for a few pictures of the nuclear family. The light was low by then, but here's one:

The grandparents head back to Delaware tomorrow, but Madeline is doing her best to make sure the fun doesn't end too soon. At her pre-bedtime diaper change, she emitted a truly awesome stream, projectile-style, and adorned a large swath of wall with ordure. It was the second-most impressive physical display I've seen in the last two weeks. Sorry, no pictures.

3 comments:

  1. Have raincoat, Oregon grandmother ready to meet MadelineFebruary 27, 2011 at 2:39 AM

    Ok, then...can we assume that Madeline has similar fun in mind when her Oregon grandparents visit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the looks of that top picture I predict a strawberry blonde ... I always liked my cousin Joan's hair ... and my Mother and her Mother and her brothers all had red hair of some variety...from auburn to just plain red. What a cutie...I am sure she is exhausted from entertaining "new folks". xo N

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandy and Paul...I am sure she will have even more fun with her West Coast grands...she changes and becomes more animated by the day. I cannot wait until you see her.

    John and I have posted many pictures on Facebook, and once we have time to go through the hundreds taken, more will be posted. I got some of the nuclear family and will send some good ones.

    ReplyDelete