Monday, May 27, 2013

Long Pond

Yesterday, we had a somewhat leisurely day.


Today, I made chocolate chip pancakes!


Then we went to Long Pond Woods.


The preserve's hiking path requires clambering up and down and over big rocks, but Madeline was up to the challenge.


In fact, she loved it.




She collected sticks (which I'm holding up in the picture below) and called them bones for a doggie.  "I love puppies!" she said.


Then: "RAWWWR!"


Some parts of the path were interesting.



We ended up at a lookout point where the path splits -- a modest distance unless you have a two-year-old in tow, and satisfying either way.


Madeline was not a fan of the bugs in the woods.  She kept repeating, "Go away, bugs. This is not your home."  We told her that the forest was, in fact, the bugs' home, but she didn't buy it.  On our way back to the car, she announced to the bugs, "Bye bye, bugs. I'm goin' to my home."  She also announced that she wanted to sleep in a hole she found nestled among the large rocks.

She was tired.


1 comment:

  1. What a fun day! Tell Madeline that I agree with her about bugs. I returned with 29 bites on one leg and 24 on the other...and I didn't bother to count the ones elsewhere. Wish we were up for that walk. Loved that last one ... you really wore her out!
    xoxo
    N

    ReplyDelete