Friday, September 2, 2011

Chicken & crib

This afternoon Summer and I took off a little early to get a head start on labor day weekend. I had plans to smoke a Pat's Pastured chicken on the grill, so we all spent a couple hours in the yard. Madeline approved of this plan.

She also giggled when I ticked her -- a relatively recent development.

She wanted to see everything going on around her, so she stood on me.

And she got to see our neighbor's scarlet macaw! She was captivated.

When the chicken was done, Madeline joined Summer and me in approving of the end result.

But by that point she was very sleepy, rubbing her eyes with chickeny fingers. When dinner was done, she went down for her second crib-bedtime. She's been sleeping pretty soundly despite lots of noises from the second floor, so all seems (knock) to be (on) going well (wood).

No comments:

Post a Comment