Saturday, May 7, 2011

Bit of a blur

Today was a bit of a blur -- I didn't sleep well last night, wasn't able to eat until 2 PM, and have been able to drink only water -- but by late afternoon I was at least feeling more or less like my normal self. Because my hindsight today is significantly worse than 20/20, I'm afraid I can offer only another brief post. Tomorrow, hopefully, things will be back up to speed.

Two items, though, deserve specific mention:

First, this evening Madeline seemed to formulate a joke in baby-talk. While she was babbling, she said "goo-ga agoo!" and then opened wide in a giddy smile. When Summer repeated the phrase, Madeline repeated the smile. Summer and I were in hysterics. By the fourth repetition, though, the smile sadly gave way to a look that perhaps served to preview adolescent Madeline's geez-mom-way-to-ruin-the-joke gaze.

Second, our speculation about teething looks a little more likely to be right today: Summer and I think we might be seeing a not-yet-erupted tooth-bud in the lower left-hand sector of Madeline's mouth. Of course, we're not experts so who knows?

Beyond those items, here are two pictures.

A surprisingly happy tummy-time experience.

Grumpiness: a portrait.

1 comment:

  1. You hit the nail on the head with that last caption! You look a bit peaked..I hope that you improved more with a good night's sleep. Those "bugs" are no fun. I meant to say how much I liked the picture of Summer and Madeline looking at the sky ... they are all super but that is an activity I still enjoy in my 80th decade. Am looking forward to hearing her "talk". xoxo N

    ReplyDelete