Friday, July 22, 2011

4th anniversary

This morning Madeline woke me up around 5 babbling happily. Summer says Madeline's early-morning babbles are common, but this was my first experience waking up to them. When I eventually woke up for good, I was still quite tired. The early waking doesn't seem to bother Madeline, though; for her part, she seemed fully awake and even contemplative.

Daycare dropoff and pickup went off without a hitch as usual. Summer fetched Madeline early because today's our fourth anniversary and we had dinner plans. I made it home early, too, so I could play with Madeline some before picking up the sitter.

Madeline enjoyed some more tummy time, too. She's really been working her legs, but she still mostly just manages to rotate -- after this picture, she ended up turning 180 degrees.

Speaking of 180 degrees, today was record-tying hot in Providence. So Madeline and Summer sat happily beneath the air conditioner while I picked up the sitter.

Summer and I had a lovely dinner at Gracie's and then peered over the city at Prospect Terrace Park; Madeline had fun with the sitter. She was all smiles when we returned for some more playing.

And she was quite interested in my tie, which she munched a bit.

But she was happiest of all when Summer gave her raspberries.

It's nice to know we can have a date -- happy anniversary to us! -- and a happy baby at the same time.

Now for the weekend! Hope it's not too hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment