Monday, April 11, 2011

Baby was happy, and all was well.

Today I went to work for almost a full work day -- I toddled in a little past my normal start but stayed 'til 5. Evidently, Summer and Madeline had quite a raucous good time without me.

Madeline saved some less raucous smiles for my return. Here she is staring at me a bit quizzically, as if to say, "What in the world were you doing for all that time?"

The evening teetered between smiles and screams all night, with the balance suddenly and inexplicably shifting from one to the other. Until finally we gave Madeline a bath, which mostly calmed her down. In fact, we were able to put her down in the crib for a bit as we puttered about, putting away laundry and whatnot.

Rather than turning to flails or fusses, Madeline remained transfixed by her sea-creature-themed mobile, which pleasantly plays Brahms's lullaby using a non-electronic music-box mechanism. Baby was happy, and all was well.

No comments:

Post a Comment