Monday, April 25, 2011

Manic Monday

Deceptive morning happiness.

Today was my longest stretch alone with Madeline and boy was it exhausting! I don't know how parents with more than one kid do it!

Most naps last less than half an hour.

I actually started taking notes of what we did during the day because I thought it might be interesting for some readers. When I was pregnant I wondered what a 'day in the life of someone caring for a newborn' would be like. Unfortunately, my notes didn't end up being very good because I was constantly changing activities, trying to keep Madeline happy.

Mission: produce smile with lizard toy.

Mission accomplished! (Note that the time is only 11 AM.)

She has seemed fussier than usual for the past week or so. I think she may not be getting enough sleep during the day. She starts off the day really happy with lots of smiles and seems to get grouchier and grouchier as the day goes on. Along those lines, most of the pictures from today are from this morning (although some are from bathtime). I'll let Max select the best ones as I need to go to sleep soon! [Ed. note: indeed, Summer fell asleep while I was inserting photos into the post.]

Summer squirting sprout with bath toy: as close to a smile as we got this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment