Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Goodbye Greene Grandparents, Goodnight Little Bunny

This morning Madeline had to say goodbye to her Greene grandparents who were heading back to Delaware. It was sad for all, but Madeline tried to cheer everyone up with her big smiles.

She was so smiley that I began to wonder if she is in the easy period after a new development hump. She giggled and smiled in her swing as I got her things ready for daycare.

Daycare today went well, despite some maternal misgivings. In just 2.5 hours she watched the other babies (and herself via a mirror) in the exersaucer, took a nap, ate some and spent time in the outdoor swing. She was pretty happy after I picked her up and brought her back home.

And then she was very good about going down for a noon nap. After the nap, she spent some time on her SEASprout quilt where she managed to suck on all of her toys, one by one. I tried to get her to do some tummy time, but she wasn't very happy with that today. She gets so frustrated when she can't propel herself forward. I tried to convince her that rolling would be fun by doing it myself. She found that rather amusing but did not give in ("geez Mom, rolling is so two months ago").

Since it was a nice day (albeit quite hot), I thought it might be time for a stroller ride. Unfortunately, Madeline did not agree. She started crying mightily a few blocks from home and I had to carry her home while pushing the stroller (I think I tweaked my back in the process). We made a stop in the backyard where I thought I could water our container garden. Again, Madeline had other ideas. She didn't want to be on the blanket outside. She gave me a look like, "aren't there eagles here that might eat me?" So I held her and we did some practice walking and sitting--but mostly just enjoyed the sunshine and buzzing bees and the birds flying by.

You can see she was getting tired here...

Tripoding:

We then retreated to the AC in the bedroom where Madeline enjoyed the fan, ate and took a snooze on me. We then picked up Max from work, stopped by the vet to get catfood, ventured to Babies R Us to get supplies for daycare and stopped by the grocery store to pick up a fast dinner (after a failed attempt to visit Red Robin, which is new to RI but a place I frequented in high school). This was probably for the best as Madeline screamed most of the way from Babies R Us to the grocery store (and then from the grocery store to home). This was our fault--no one likes Warwick traffic! But once she had a meal and a diaper change, she was back to being a very happy camper. She especially enjoyed bathtime tonight.

And Max and I did too. We are the ones that usually play with all her squirter toys! Although today she was mostly interested in chewing them. [An aside: after reading some of those Amazon reviews, maybe we won't let her chew them anymore!]

After bedtime, we did the bedtime routine. She even stayed awake for both her goodnight books: Good Night, Little Bunny and the all time classic bedtime book, Goodnight Moon.

Good night little bunnies everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment