Thursday, June 30, 2011

Things to chew on

Today was my last day with Babykins before she begins fulltime daycare. This morning she spent almost three hours there. Afterwards, we played on the floor.
Madeline likes to make this face often now. I think she's chewing on her finger to relieve teething pain.

She also really likes to chew on her foot. It seemed like she had her foot near her mouth most of the time today---during diaper changes, while playing, before-during-and after naps.

Example below. Holding cheetah AND foot.

I guess Petey didn't notice that Madeline has a chewing fetish (or maybe he thought it was limited to parts of her own body) because he placed his tail dangerously close to her mouth. Luckily, she chose to pet him instead (unlike this baby). [Max says she looks like George Bluth in this picture]

Smiles!

Thumb back in her mouth.

Pensive baby

Happy baby

Reading baby. (I'm beginning to think this tongue thing is her thinking face).

We took a nice walk to the Edge in the afternoon. I took her out of the stroller and we hung out for a little while. She wanted my iced chai.

She fell asleep on the walk back. I knew moving her inside would wake her up so I took her into the backyard and watered the plants. It really was a glorious day weather-wise.

Anna and Neal came to visit us this evening! They head to Boston tomorrow, but we'll see them again on Sunday.

Please excuse some sentimental mama ramblings: I thought I would be sad today as it marks the final transition to daycare for Madeline, but mostly I reflected on how incredibly amazing the last 4.5 months have been. Max and I are so lucky to have been able to spend this time with our daughter, and I feel incredibly blessed by this. (Full disclosure: I am now crying.)

No comments:

Post a Comment